cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline not working with HUB5

DMCK1888
Tuning in

Hi

We have been using the HUB5 for a few weeks but have only just noticed that the landline phone which is plugged into the HUB is not working.  There is no dial tone.  I didn't receive the adaptor that was meant to come with the new HUB and couldn't face the hassle of trying to call Virgin so I bought an RJ11 cable to connect the phone to the HUB.  When logged into the HUB settings, the phone is currently sitting as disabled.  We need ths sorted asap as the landline is one of the contact numbers for the hospital where a family member is receiving chemotherapy and we are waiting on them contacting us about details of their next treatment.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@DMCK1888 you should have not been offered or sent a Hub 5 as VM would have been aware that you had the phone service via a hub and also that this doesn't currently work with the 5.

There is nothing that can be done to fix this until such time as VM enable the phone provision on the 5 - I would strongly suggest that you contact VM ASAP and request that the 5 be swopped out for a Hub 3 or 4.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Please see

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/Landline-VOIP-Problems/m-p/4889916#M159682

Last info was that the hub 5 cannot carry the phone service at the moment

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @DMCK1888,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry that your landline is not working with your Hub-5.

I will send you a private message so I can investigate this further.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for this information @goslow.

Please ignore my private message @DMCK18888, please look on the link provided above 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@DMCK1888 you should have not been offered or sent a Hub 5 as VM would have been aware that you had the phone service via a hub and also that this doesn't currently work with the 5.

There is nothing that can be done to fix this until such time as VM enable the phone provision on the 5 - I would strongly suggest that you contact VM ASAP and request that the 5 be swopped out for a Hub 3 or 4.

Thanks for the update guys.  We have just bought a new separate AX router as well because the wifi signal didn't seem as strong from the HUB5 - we are now using it in modem mode.  I don't really want to have to send things back, get another router and have to reinstall.  I will check if the landline still works in the wall socket and perhaps stick with that for now.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Do please keep us updated @DMCK1888, and if required, we will investigate this further for you.

Out of curiosity, are you able to plug the RJ11 adaptor in the hub you've purchased and utilise the landline via that? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

Hi

No if the phone is connected to the hub i get nothing at all - there is no dial tone.  I'm just gonna have to move the phone back over to the wall socket and go old school.  I've lost the origina phone cable so waiting on a new one arriving today.  I will check then if the phone line is working.  

Sorry, i realised you meant the separate router - i've just tried connecting it and could hear a the beeps as it dialled my mobile phone but there was no ringing tone and no incoming call appeared on my mobile phone screen.  

Hi SMCK1888, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Looking at the account, the telephone line is currently delivered down the old copper line. You haven't been moved over to 21CV yet where the phoneline will work via the Hub. 

As you have the Hub 5, this won't be an option for you either yet. 

Please connect the phone, back in to the socket and things should be resolved for you. 

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs