Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline is dead

Shelleyc
Tuning in

hello,

Issue is my landline is dead no dial tone

I phoned support last night and they arranged a technician to come out today Friday 11/03.22, they said i should expect an e-mail which i have not received so no way if the request the woman made went through, she asked for my mobile number and expect a call before the technician arrives at my house but since the line going dead hasn't happened before is there any way to confirm whether the technician has been booked and thus trackable to arrive at my home? 

Any assistance would be grateful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for the update @Shelleyc.

I am glad to see the appointment resolved the issue for you 🙂

For more information about the switchover, you can find out more here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

Please also do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Shelleyc,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you have not had any confirmation on your upcoming appointment.

We want to do our best to help. 

To verify this, I have sent you a private message. Please lookout for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can,

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team

Hello Akua_A

I've replied to your Private message with the info. Thankyou for assisting hopefully this can be resolved today.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad to hear I have been able to verify this for you @Shelleyc.

Please let me know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

I feel so stupid.

So the technician just came and left. He said to me that the wall sockets don't work the phone has to be plugged into the router so he pulled out an adaptor plugged it into the router then the phone, all working. 

I have to admit I was not made aware of this by any letters nor e-mail. More importantly, the call support centers didn't even mention this as she was performing checks for almost 25 minutes. That is a bit disappointing that she didn't mention this. 

All in all I came here to thank Akua_A for the quick reply and support and the technician that visited was very helpful and upgraded some connectors on the box.

Thanks again.  

Thank you for the update @Shelleyc.

I am glad to see the appointment resolved the issue for you 🙂

For more information about the switchover, you can find out more here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Phone-Switchover/gh-p/Switchover

Please also do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Akua_A
Forum Team