cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline has no dial tone its been down a few days

revolgus
Joining in

my landline has no ringtone its not worked for a few days have phoned a few times .bought a new phone this will not work

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi revolgus, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with your landline currently. 

Taking a look at things this end, there are no open area faults affecting the landline services so this looks more like an individual issue. There are a few checks I will need you to go through. Can you let me know the following please:

➡ Does the landline work if plugging your handset in another socket?

➡ When calling any number, do you get any tone?

➡ When receiving calls, does your landline ring at all?

If you can pop back to us on this, we may need to look at booking an engineer to come and check things. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ive bought new phone and still no ring tone .nothing

Hi revolgus, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I will send you a PM to look into this further for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

revolgus
Joining in

The same thing has happened again  no ringtone .its the 3rd time .Last two times it came bak on so must be a problem at virgins end.Cannot get in touch with them as usual???

Hi @revolgus 👋

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies you are having repeated issues with your Landline. We can certainly assist you, we would need to bring you into a private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

Hi @revolgus 

Thank you for coming back to me via private message and confirming your details. I have now booked you a technician visit for your phone line issues.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this by reaching out to us here or calling 📞 0345 454 1111.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Please keep us updated on how your appointment goes and if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Sabrina