cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline from wall socket to broadband router

MrJDexter
Tuning in

I have  my own phone ( Panasonic) connected to an old NTL Wall socket

I have tried to replace the cable and connect from the phone to my broadband router 3.0. However the phone won't work. 

Can I connect via the broadband top two great telephone sockets and then remove the old NT Wall box?

TY

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM have to convert your phone connection from traditional wall socket and move you to a connection via the hub.

They are doing this as part of a planned programme of work. They will notify you when your phone line is due to be converted. From the recent topics on here, they no longer seem to be doing opt-in/voluntary switchovers on request. They may switch over the connection as an alternative to repairing a fault on a traditional line.

Are your traditional telephone wall sockets working correctly?

Hi MrJDexter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

What goslow has advised is correct, we will contact you when you're ready to be switched over to a 21CV line. 

Can you confirm if your line is currently working?

Alex_Rm

Thanks can confirm phone works on wall socket

yes phone works and I have a convertor from the socket fitting the wall to the socket in the router  think its rj11 to rj45 or other day but in any case can plug my phone via the converter into the router but it doesn't work. Interesting you are saying Virgin need to do something technical. TY I did eventually get a 150 call through and the operator said I just needed the converter into the router and it would work...which it does not. However looks like I just await the conversion call.

Simple really am decorating and have 4 boxes there - mains, virgin broadband, NTL wall socket and an old BT wall socket which connects around the home. Hoped to city but have to wait -thanks all

should read ~ "hoped to tidy wall sockets" not City

Thank you for letting us know @MrJDexter.

In this case, we will get in contact with you when your service is ready to be updated. 

Thank you in advance for your patience,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs