Menu
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

incoming call

When my father phones my landline he cannot get through but is given a message that says This line is not accepting calls at present.  As far as Im aware all other calls are getting through.  Can anyone help please

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: incoming call

Hello kimdanny

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for posting.

We are sorry to hear that you have not been receiving calls on your landline from a specific number.

Has you father been able to get through to you? Is there a dial tone on your phone?

Look forward to hearing from you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello and thank you for your reply.   Yes I do have a dialing tone but no my father cannot call me on my landline from his land line.  If he rings my landline he gets a message saying  sorry this number is not accepting calls at the moment 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi kimdanny, what happens when you call your father? ^PDe

0 Kudos
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

when I call my father it is normal service.  He  can answer all my calls to him no problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, it may be worth speaking to our faults team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 4 . They can do a full check and make sure there isn't any features stopping him calling you. They are open Monday to Friday 8am till 9pm and Saturday and Sunday 9am till 6pm. ^PDe

0 Kudos
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you I will give it a go.  I have spoken to his provider and there is no fault on his line.  I have spoken to the faults line months ago ;but again they have found no fault but will give them another go.  Apart from that i am at a loss but thank you so much for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Let us know how it goes. ^PDe

0 Kudos
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello again.  I have phoned the faults department but still no joy.  He said the line is clear so the fault does not belong to virgin.. He said   try a new handset so will have to go and buy one.  Will let you know after the weekend

0 Kudos
kimdanny
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

my father is unable to phone my landline

I posted last week that my father cannot phone my landline.  Both bt and virgin have checked the lis and they seem to be clear.  I was advised quite bluntly by virgin faults department to get a new handset which I have done for both houses.  Still no joy.  When my father phones my landline he gets a message  saying my number is not accepting calls at the moment.  I can phone his number no problem.

I have not call barred or blocked any numbers.   Help. I dont know where to turn and am extremely worried as my father is elderly and may need to phone me urgently.  My only other option is that I go to another phone provider

0 Kudos