cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make bt handset/landline phone work fully on virgin contract?

computerfan
Tuning in

i invested quite a lot in a landline phone from bt shop and it won't do tone key pad so i have to use my mobile phone for the official type phonecalls.  anyone found a way round this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi computerfan

If you can let us know how you get on please 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@computerfan wrote:

i invested quite a lot in a landline phone from bt shop and it won't do tone key pad so i have to use my mobile phone for the official type phonecalls.  anyone found a way round this?

Make and model of phone?

When did you buy it?

Some BT phones you can turn off the tones. Have you checked the settings for this feature?

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @computerfan,

Many thanks for your post - welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear of your issue with your new phone.

Just to confirm, is it just the dial tone that is not working when you type on the keypad? Are you still able to use the phone to make and receive calls OK?

Thanks, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

YES just the dial tone when they say press one for yes, etc. it was a very recent buy, and if i were with bt it would be able even to send text messages. it was not clever of me to buy a bt phone when i had already signed up for virgin contract. ive looked at settings but this facet of its function is not represented .i can at least use the mobile phone i have for the important calls that demand this feature.

Try the product helpline for your model of BT phone (towards bottom of the page below)

https://shop.bt.com/help/returns-and-refunds/bt-products-technical-help,-user-guides-and-after-sales...

if your model is not listed, have a look in the back of the manual where the relevant contact number for your particular model is usually listed.

Alternatively, if it is new and still in warranty, return it and swap it for another model.

(Some Googling returns quite a few mentions on BT forums about this issue as well as other types of random sound issues on BT phones happening unexpectedly)

Hi, what is the model of the BT phone?

Regards

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Hi @computerfan,

I can see @goslow has provided some useful info there. 

Let us know how you get on 🙂 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BT Diverse

BT Diverse.

its a BT Diverse, thanks for asking.