Menu
sandelben
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

fraud

hello i keep getting fraud phone calls from a person how says he is from virgin media and he saying that i going to get cut of in 48 hours  and he ask for my account number and password i told him to you know on the phone i trace his phone number and his phone number is provided by BT i know that virgin will never ask for my password or my account number att all it happen yesterday and i phone virgin media but they where no help so should i contact my local police 

and plus the guy on the phone was rude 

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: fraud

There sadly isn't anyone you can contact who will provide any help, actionfraud only get involved if an actual exchange of money occurred and otherwise won't follow it up.

As the scammers tend to operate out of foreign countries our authorities cannot do anything, and the phone number that shows when they ring you is not really their number it's something known as spoofing which allows them to show whatever number they want.

Your best option is to just ignore it and just end the call if they say anything along similar lines to this.
Highlighted
jaeb67
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: fraud

Yes we are having them too. 5 calls on Thursday, 3 on Friday and today so far 8 calls and its only 12:13pm  I anticipate another 4 calls at least today.Its ok to say ignore them but when the calls are getting more and more frequent ALL day its very hard. Called Virgin today to be told nothing can be done, they have nothing in place to  help. My grandmother is on BT and fortunately she has Call protect, a free of charge service that helps with junk calls and its very effective.Out of  the 73 junk calls she had over the last 30 days only 1 got through, everything else gets sent straight to junk ,and listening back on the junk voicemail it seems to be all from these scammers. 

0 Kudos