cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fibrephone problem

conger
Joining in

I had a call about changing landline to fibre. I asked for a letter as I have difficulty hearing. No letter was received. 

Landline does not work. Looking at this forum it seems that an adaptor is needed. Where do I get  one from.

FYI - I still have a Superhub ( despite 2 promises to replace it ) will that work with fibrephone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, 

You can find out more about our 21CV landline service here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

To get started you will need to call our team so that we can get the process started. There are important questions and topics that needs to be answered before the switch over.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, 

You can find out more about our 21CV landline service here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/home-phone/virginphone/switchover

To get started you will need to call our team so that we can get the process started. There are important questions and topics that needs to be answered before the switch over.

Cheers,

Corey C

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@conger wrote:

I had a call about changing landline to fibre. I asked for a letter as I have difficulty hearing. No letter was received. 

Landline does not work. Looking at this forum it seems that an adaptor is needed. Where do I get  one from.

FYI - I still have a Superhub ( despite 2 promises to replace it ) will that work with fibrephone?

@conger

If you have difficulty hearing, and don't have a working phone, then I can appreciate that the suggestion to call VM to discuss might not be that easy for you at this exact moment. Do you actually have another means to phone in, such as mobile?

An older Superhub can't be used for the phone connection, unfortunately, as it has no telephone socket. You need a Hub 3 or 4, plus the phone adapter you have mentioned. The general advice on the forum is to try to phone at 08:00, when the lines open, for the best chance of getting through with least delay.

Do you have a friend or family member who can help with the contact process and talking to VM? There have been some past topics (mentioning different difficulties of communicating by phone) where the customer has made the first part of the call to pass security and then passed over to a trusted person to explain the issue and make arrangements with VM alongside the customer.

If you need a new hub, and also need the phone conversion doing, then you may well need a technician visit anyway. The other considerations VM will ask about will be things like whether you need existing extension sockets reconnecting and whether you have other equipment such as personal/medical alarms etc. reconnecting.

Good shout, goslow, and also we do have some alternative contact methods for customer who might need some additional support beyond the standard call to our centre. Please take a look here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/accessibility

Cheers,

Corey C

Thanks for prompt replies. Have contacted virgin as suggested with help of family member and have technician arriving tomorrow.

Thanks for your reply and update, conger. Glad to hear you've been in touch anf the team is sending a tech.

Cheers,

Corey C