cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dial tone missing after every power cut

nbnobby
Joining in

Hi, when ever i have a power cut i lose my landline dial tone(after power is restored). this happened again last night, and i still have no dial tone,,,,this is about the 3rd or 4th time this has happened. 

i book an engineer appointment, and usually within 24 hours the dial tone returns, and the engineer never turns up. 

is this my equipment fault? i am an electrical engineer myself..so i just want to understand this niggling problem. both our mothers are elderly and rely on us heavily for help

thanks in advance

regards

Neil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi nbnobby

Our Telephone service is moving away from the traditional copper network and going over to VOIP over the next year or so

Which in turn will stop issues like this happening 

Why its not being fixed now I don't have that information to hand 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello nbnobby

Sorry to hear this is happening, but thanks for letting us know 

When we have a fault like this No Dial Tone regardless of the cause, 

You would call book an appointment sat for example Wednesday

Our System would then book another appointment for the day before,

if we had a Technician in the area it would pick this appointment up  and the Technician would then check the Cabinet to see if its possible to fix remotely

Ideally then the Customer should receive a message to say its fixed and the actual appointment is no longer needed 

Hope that explains it 

Gareth_L

hi, i guessed it would be in an external box, and i needed no home visit, but why hasnt this problem been fixed? is it a software issue not rebooting? it happens EVERY time there is a power outage.

i worked for Ford Motor Company and if i kept returning to the same fault, i would be in trouble!! lost production costs a lot of money

regards

neil

Hi nbnobby

Our Telephone service is moving away from the traditional copper network and going over to VOIP over the next year or so

Which in turn will stop issues like this happening 

Why its not being fixed now I don't have that information to hand 

Gareth_L