cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting second phone,answering machine,after switch to fiber

howy_c
Joining in

After many hours calling VM with no sucsess, to reconnect extension,or answering machine I found you need to parallel two output lines into the line comming from port one/line 1 on the router/modem, ond no splitter seems to exist , with the correct connector, to the devices

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are not responsible for extension wiring. The only thing they will do at 21CV switchover (if specifically requested at the time) is to directly wire the existing PSTN master socket to the back of the hub. Any wiring from the master socket onward is the customers responsibility.

See the answer to a similar query below:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/New-Fibre-phoneline/m-p/4932661/highlight/true#M1615... 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @howy_c,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your answering machine. 

I understand that the new 21CV switchover can be frustrating in comparison to the old copper line. You can read more about this process here: Home Phone Switchover.

Please let us know if you have any further questions about this process, we'll be more than happy to assist.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

this fix works,i am afraid there was no helpful information on the vigin site, and i can see chos looming for the older and less tech savvy customers

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @howy_c,

Thanks for coming back to me about your landline issue. I'm glad to hear that you're able to have this resolved.

I'm sorry to hear that you fell this way. We're always here if you or anyone else have any further questions about the landline switchover. 

Let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs