cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

compensation

jilldee
Joining in

My landline was out between September 2021 and May 2022. 8 months. I was expecting substantial compensation as per Virgin Media's website message which is said to be automatic credits but when I called Virgin was told I would get £40 which I refused. They said it would go up the manager chain and phone me back but nobody did. My next bill is the usual amount. What options do I have now? Ombudsman? Ofcom?

14 REPLIES 14

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

that sounds posative from staff - looking at the compensations page i read it that you are entitled to £8 a day but thats my interpretation - as i said above if they fob you off go to CISAS

Tony.
Sacked VIP

We don't fob people off -tony- but thanks for the post. Have a wonderful day 🙂

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@John_GS wrote:

We don't fob people off -tony- but thanks for the post. Have a wonderful day 🙂

you dont @John_GS but you are one part of what is VM and what is decided elsewhere may well be relevant here regardless if what you might want to do - we all know the expression - the computer says' no or whatever - which may be a factor here 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hello John, have you found out anything at all?

I have been putting together the evidence of numerous texts and emails throughout my months of dead land line. They make interesting and quite extraordinary reading of erroneous information put together like that. Including my first complaint which I was promised would be put up to a manager which was then 'resolved' the same day with no explanation.

Unfortunately I don't have records of the numerous phone calls I made to help line and engineering and numerous promises not kept to phone me back. Virgin will have those obviously.

I will be adding evidence of the bills I continued to pay full price (it has increased by 10% this month despite all this)

I need all the evidence for taking this to CISAS if I don't get a response, so far still silence. I understand Virgin is now owned by a company called Liberty do you have information about who that is and when they took over ownership please?

Sorry for posting for all to see I couldn't find the PM link.

Hi @jilldee,

As soon as there's any news John will update you- I understand he's been checking the account daily.

Thanks for your patience. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs