cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for calling my own number

danpatriley
Joining in

I have been charged for calling my own number - how is that possible?

6 REPLIES 6

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @danpatriley

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

Could I just clarify please, is this in relation to a home land line or mobile number?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@danpatriley wrote:

I have been charged for calling my own number - how is that possible?

'Charge to own number' query also mentioned here recently a #6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/potential-crossed-line-call-charges/m-p/5113165

in another landline phantom call topic. If you have not done so already, would suggest you cast your eye over some previous bills from VM to see if anything similar has been happening in the recent past without you knowing about it.

it's my home landline bill. I have been charged £1.07 and when I checked the itemisation online it's saying the calls were to my own landline number

Thank you for clarifying @danpatriley

I will send you a private message now so I can look into this further for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It seems if the cost of the calls (3) is under 50p they are not itenmised - bill makes it looks like they're to my number

@danpatriley wrote:

It seems if the cost of the calls (3) is under 50p they are not itenmised - bill makes it looks like they're to my number

That is correct. View the section 'usage charges' here on this 'bill explainer' page

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-bill-explainer

for exactly how a VM bill is split up.