cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change landline number

sirarry
Joining in

hi,

my mother is 90 yrs old and as dementia,and as started getting a lot of nuisance calls saying she owes money,how can she change her number please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sirarry,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Mum's number change looked into, I am sorry she's been getting these nuisance calls. I would be more than happy to look into this for her.

We can help change her number over the forums, we'll need to go into a PM first in order to get it changed.

Before I send it over though, I am aware that change a landline number can be stressful with giving the new contact info to lots of different people/companies. So I just want to send you a really helpful and informative link about scammers and nuisance calls 👉 Block Nuisance Calls - Which may help before we go ahead with changing anything.

If you want to take a look at the information outlined in that link and get back to me if you & your Mum still want to go ahead with the number change, we can do! 

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sirarry,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your Mum's number change looked into, I am sorry she's been getting these nuisance calls. I would be more than happy to look into this for her.

We can help change her number over the forums, we'll need to go into a PM first in order to get it changed.

Before I send it over though, I am aware that change a landline number can be stressful with giving the new contact info to lots of different people/companies. So I just want to send you a really helpful and informative link about scammers and nuisance calls 👉 Block Nuisance Calls - Which may help before we go ahead with changing anything.

If you want to take a look at the information outlined in that link and get back to me if you & your Mum still want to go ahead with the number change, we can do! 

Thanks,

Megan_L

hi Megan,

we've already looked into scammers and blocking,but she would rather have the number changed please,

not too many people to contact but i'll see to that

thanks

Thanks for coming back to me Sirarry, 

That's fine, I'll send over a PM so we can get this sorted for her!

Thanks, 

Megan_L

how can i see the PM please

Hi Sirarry, 

I have sent it a few minutes ago, look for the purple envelope on the top right corner of the forums page 😊

Thanks,

Megan_L

found it,

thank you

Hi Sirarry,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's, I am happy to say the request has been successfully processed 😊

Please keep in mind the timeframe and info I gave in my last PM, if you need any further help with this, please let us know!

Just for a little extra help just in case you need it for future reference, I have a really helpful landline help page here 👉 Virgin Media Landline Problems - Which covers most general issues that may crop up 🤩

Thanks for your time, have a lovely weekend.

Megan_L