cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant make or receive calls

mrsoneill06
Joining in

help please i can see lots of others having the same issue, yesterday(saturday 3rd dec) i attempted to get in touch via the webchat thingy on the right side of the virgin page, toni bot asked its questions and i did the usual etc so then it said it would transfer me to an agent... i waited for over 1 1/2 hours for someone to  answer me on the webchat  and finally gave up because no one ever did!! annoyed is not the word is not the word i would use but im being polite cos i would like some one to get in touch with me and get an engineer out to sort this, i know its not my apparatus thats the issue as i got a new one brought to me and it still didnt help so pleaseeeeeeeee virgin help me  im agoraphobic so cannot go out  and i dont have a mobile or you would have got a call by now. this has been an issue for almost a week now. please help tyia

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @mrsoneill06, I'm glad I have been able to arrange a technician to come and check over your service.

Just to be aware, someone over the age of 18 must be in the property when the technician visits. If the appointment is missed or the engineer find something causing the issue that isn't a fault on our end there may be a £25 charge applied to the bill.

You can keep an eye on the appointment via your online account here in the 'My Appointments' section. From here you can change or cancel the appointment if needed.

If you need anything further, please let us know, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello @mrsoneill06

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

tried everything you mentioned amd still nothing, o,nly that phone in main landline socket nothing else.no changes at all

Thank you for trying this @mrsoneill06

Just to confirm, do you have a dial tone at all on the handset? Or is there a dial tone but when you go to make a call their is no connection? What message is said when you call your landline number? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

no dial tone at all cannot call out or get calls in its like someone has called me but never hung up

Thank you for confirming, it looks like we will need to do some further checks with this so I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @mrsoneill06, I'm glad I have been able to arrange a technician to come and check over your service.

Just to be aware, someone over the age of 18 must be in the property when the technician visits. If the appointment is missed or the engineer find something causing the issue that isn't a fault on our end there may be a £25 charge applied to the bill.

You can keep an eye on the appointment via your online account here in the 'My Appointments' section. From here you can change or cancel the appointment if needed.

If you need anything further, please let us know, we will be happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan