cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

additional phone socket

ginjaninja
Tuning in

Hi i have only joined VM last week on the 1gb Bolt Ultimate package and was provided with a HUB 4.

When the engineer installed my kit in the main room where the fibre came into the property and my back room office where the min box was fitted, when he left I have noticed there is no phone socket in the back room office for me to plug in my other landline phone.

i have not been with VM for 14 days is it possible for an engineer to come and fit one as there i was not asked about any of this during placing my order or the install, it was only later I have noticed the phone line is not even plugged into the wall socket but the HUB 4 via an adapter.

i have tried calling 150 occasions and live chat and one guy tole me i had to pay £19 per month extra and the other one said she was sending me one in the post. Bizarre I know.

can someone help me place an order or at least get me to speak to someone who understands my request as I have just wasted 2 hours of my life on calls and online chat.

I have seen advice of using wireless handsets, but this is not an option as I need to plug in my headset to the landline phone.

Not very happy new customer.

Thanks Mark

5 REPLIES 5

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ginjaninja

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your landline. Home phones will now use the router and internet service to make and receive calls,  as the older copper network that was previously used are no longer fit for purpose and will eventually become obsolete. We no longer install  master sockets/extension sockets for the older cooper network for our services. Apologies if this was not explained to you or if you were unaware of this nationwide home phone system change. All internet service providers will be required to migrate their customers over to this new system by 2025, as instructed by the Government. 

You can find out more information about home phone switch overs on our dedicated community forum page here or on this helpful website, The Future of Voice.  

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

So how am I meant to use my headset phone which is in a different room than the router/Hub 4.0

You'll need to check with the manufacturer to see if your equipment is compatible with the new 21cv (Century Voice) home phone systems. There might be available wireless adapters for headset phones that can work. We unfortunately, would not be able to support any 3rd party devices/equipment. There are FAQ's on each of the webpages I provided, that advises on device compatibility.  

Here to help 🙂
Carley

So I have been working from home, up to having VM installed but now i am being told that I can no longer do this as i cannot work in the room where the router is located.

What is the number for the cancellations so I can get out of this ridiculous contract as i need this for my job

Sorry that you feel this way @ginjaninja. It's sad to hear that you're thinking of leaving us due to the new 21cv home phone systems. This home phone switch over is implemented on all internet service providers, not just here at Virgin Media. Any new installation of home phone services will be installed with 21cv phone systems. And all internet service providers will have this 21cv system completed for all customers by 2025. If you still would like to cancel your services you can do so by any of the methods listed here

Here to help 🙂
Carley