cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone number

robins57
Joining in

When we moved we were told that we would keep our old phone number. It seems we have a different number as no one has been able to reach us and when I have checked our old number just rings out and we have a different number! How can we get our old number back?

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @robins57

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! We're so happy to have you onboard.

I am so sorry to see this has happened with your telephone number! Can I ask if you cancelled your landline with your old provider when joining us? Are you able to contact your old provider to see if the number is still active? 

Thank you. 

We no longer have account with them so it is cancelled 

Thank you for confirming. Are you able to contact the former provider to check if the number is still active? 

Thank you. 

I’ll double check and confirm.

Thank you @robins57 

Please let me know when you can!

Thank you.

I’ve checked with previous provider and it is definitely cancelled and not active.

I'm so sorry @robins57 but if the number is no longer active then we will not be able to port the number across for you. 

You may be able to reactivate it with your previous provider in which case we can try to port again, but you will need to contact your old provider in order to do this. 

Thank you and I am so sorry again for the inconvenience.