cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong land-line number

BungeeTrader
Joining in

Virgin Media disconnected my land-line as it hadn't been upgraded to 21cv. At no point was I ever advised this would happen so I obviously phoned up to complain. The phone was reconnected however I've been given a completely different number, not my original number which I've had for almost 40 years and is the number registered with all medical and financial institutions as well as being used by family and friends. Despite being promised that it will be changed back on several occasions now, I'm still waiting for this to happen. The line was changed over to 21cv three days ago and was supposed to be reverted back to the original number but no. The subsequent call to faults ended with a 101% promise that it would be sorted within 24-48 hours and a backup call to check it was resolved. Well what a surprise, neither of these happened!

This needs sorted urgently now otherwise I will be taking this complaint a lot further.

18 REPLIES 18

It cannot be anything to do with the house equipment as we were receiving incoming calls on the incorrect number VM had given us therefore it can only be an issue with something that has been done with the change over back to our original number today.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming. 

We have ran further checks in to this and can see there is just some final steps that need to be taken to complete the order. This has been escalated and we expect the line to be fully functional by the end of the day.

If you continue to experience issues following this time, please do let me know. 

Thanks 

Nat

OK, thanks. I'll let you know by posting a message here.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you BungeeTrader. 

We will also get in touch from here if we have any further updates. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi again BungeeTrader 🙂 

Could you try to make a call to the line now as we believe this may have been sorted?

Thanks, 

Nat

Yep, just tried it myself and its now working. Thank you!

Whilst I am very grateful it's been sorted it has taken almost 4 weeks since first reported on June 24th (to someone who it appears actually did nothing at all about it!). This really is far too long to resolve this problem which was entirely VM's fault and your call centre staff should not be making promises that are not delivered.

Anyway, we got there eventually. Thanks again!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

That's great to hear, I am very happy this is now resolved for you. 

I sincerely apologise for the delays in getting this matter resolved, I appreciate it must have been quite frustrating so we will ensure that all feedback is provided. 

Please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks,

Nat

Thank Nat.

Have a nice day!

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You too 🙂 

Take care.

Nat