Menu
Highlighted
JackBauer007
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Woeful Engineering Service - Unprofessional - How do I complain?!

An engineer from virgin arrived at my property on the 13th of March to try and figure out why there was random crackling on my phone line during a few random calls. He suggested it may be the line from the cabinet to my house as it's extremely old so arranged for an engineer to come on the 26th March, 11 days later.

What actually happened was that two engineers arrived on my house the next day and starting working outside my property without my consent, disconnecting all my services without prior notice and whilst I was in the middle of a meeting with a customer on my home PC! There was no courtesy knock on the doorbell. I didn't actually know any work had started on my property until I heard drilling outside. They then proceeded to leave my house having completely disconnected my phone line!

Effectively what had turned into a random noise crackling problem had now turned into a complete loss of phone service, orchestrated by two discourteous and unprofessional Virgin Media engineers, arriving 10 days prior to when I expected them.

I was back on the phone with Virgin and they told me that they couldn't fix the phone line now until the 26th of March, even though it was working perfectly fine with only a random intermittent problem before their engineers came and fiddled with it. 11 days without any phone service!

Fast forward to today which is 26th of March. I was told that Virgin would be resolving the problem and that someone over 18 had to be at my house between the hours of 1-6pm. I took a day off from work. The time came and passed with no engineer in sight and my phone line is still dead. I called customer service and was told that the work was complete. I was told the work was to do with the cabinet and not my property. I was fuming!

Why on Earth did I had to take a day off and be at my property if the work wasn't even at my property?!

Why didn't Virgin Media check in with me and test my line before confirming everything was ok?

This is horrendous customer service from Virgin Media and I will instruct all my friends and colleagues to stay away from the totally unprofessional and discourteous outfit of a broadband/phone provider.

I would like to complain. Is there anyway for me to contact someone more senior in the organisation? Or will I have to resort to naming and shaming Virgin Media on Social Media?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Woeful Engineering Service - Unprofessional - How do I complain?!

Hi JackBauer007,

Thanks for your post.

Very sorry to hear about the issues that you've had with our engineers. 

This does sound like it falls below the standards that we set for the business and we would need to investigate this further.

If you have a read through our code of practice when dealing with complaints this will assist you with this. Click here - virg.in/compscop

Any further questions or issues feel free to drop us a post in the forum

David_Bn

0 Kudos
JackBauer007
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And how exactly will Virgin Media investigate it further? You've not asked me for any details in this thread or private messaged me for more information related to my account. You've not offered to help me fast track any resolution. You've not mentioned anything about compensation for lack of service. You've not mentioned anything about how to ensure this doesn't happen again. You've not mentioned how your engineers will be trained to not be unprofessional and incompetent. Or do you want me to just go ahead and deal with the complaints department?

As it stands, I have been told another engineer is coming to my house tomorrow, sometime between 12pm and 4pm so again I may need to take another day off work to be here. This will be the 4th engineer call in 2 weeks, with no phone service for roughly the same amount of time. Words fail me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response JackBauer007.

If you can get back in contact with us via 0345 454 1111 and go through our complaints procedure we can make sure that this engineer is made aware that this is not what we expect when entering a customers home. 

I wont personally be asking you for any details over a public forum and advise that if you get in contact with us we can cover everything you need answering all at once. 

If you're reluctant to call our centre then you can also file a digital complaint via this link - https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint.html

David_Bn 

0 Kudos