cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my caller display service stopped suddenly?

Tanner12
Joining in

My Panasonic phones have worked perfectly but no caller display is now shown only "incoming calls"

14 REPLIES 14

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tanner12, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your phones, can you give us some more info, have you recently become a customer? have you recently me any changes?

Zoie

The phones are Panasonic KX-TGJ323EB and are 18 months old. The Caller Display (or caller ID as per Panasonic) worked perfectly until a week ago and then suddenly stopped. The only sign now is "Incoming Call"

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Tanner12, 

Did anything happen last week involving your line? Such as an outage?

Zoie

There was a short outage while I tried to rectify the loss of Caller Display and disconnected the phone

Hi Tanner12, thank you for coming back to us!

I have a few more questions just to try and isolate the fault. 

Do you have the same missing caller ID issue across all of the Panasonic handsets? (Or does it just happen on the 'primary' handset?)

Do you have an alternative handset you are able to test with to see if the issue persists? 

Does the issue happen when all numbers call you or does it seem to be specific to mobile or landline calls?

All the best! 

Molly

Thanks

The problem exists on all three handsets

I do not have a seprate handset

It happens on all numbers calling

Hello Tanner12,

Thanks for coming back to us. Caller Display had somehow fallen off the switch. I've had it replaced for you now.

Can you check all handsets for me and let me know if it's sorted?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John

It worked once on one of the handsets but the next attempt reverted to Incoming Call only.

No effect on the main set or the third handset, still showing Incoming Call only.

As a matter of interest, calls to Virgin have resulted in two "the problems solved" and a third saying "its not virgin's fault2.

Can you try it now? We've removed both the number from the switch and the caller display, then re-added both.

Let me know if not fixed. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill