cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why extra cost over an hour !

Enduser
Fibre optic

I have been a VM customer for a great number of years, and I am wondering why VM charges extra for calls to standard numbers [01, 02, etc] which last more than an hour. I am on the 'Talk more anytime' tariff.

I know that I could hang up and redial just before the hour, or I could pay more each month but unless there is some technical reason for the extra charge, or VM just do it to make more money it really is odd. 

4 REPLIES 4

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Enduser

Good morning and thank you for posting on our community forum!

Calls are charged after 60 minutes by default in line with our fair usage policy, to avoid being used out of the spirit of what it is meant for essentially. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Travis ~ Thank you for responding. I am not sure that I understand this part of your reply.  

" to avoid being used out of the spirit of what it is meant for essentially. "

Hi @Enduser thanks for your reply here.

I do apologise for the lack of clarity from Travis here - it is just an elaboration on "fair usage". We deem the 60 minutes fair usage, but yes you can hang up the call and this does reset the timer as you had mentioned in your original reply.

Many thanks

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Enduser wrote:

<snip> or VM just do it to make more money <snip>. 

I think you have already answered your own question at #1!

Another 'gotcha' charge for 'Talk More Anytime' customers which gets regular mentions on here is dialling 'wi-fi mobile' numbers whose 07 prefix looks like a regular mobile number but is not included in the call plan.