cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Afternoon @Tim432 

Please private message me your full address and i'll happily take a look for you

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Same sad problem here - direct neighbouring house and opposite house has VM, the whole street has it.

My house and 5 other houses does not, these houses are all part of a new build made from a former police station. Maybe VM was dug down during pre-residantial times for our house when it was unoccupied before it became residential property.

It is quite sad as both me and wife are working from home and would be so happy with VM internet and TV.

Can some kind soul please help?

Kind regards

Sven

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @svenalp 

I have received your private message so I will take a look into this for you also.

Thanks for your post

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

callashben
Joining in

Hi I have called VM and filled out the details at least 6 times.

The last person i spoke to said oh they have an engineer checking the street as this was recently added (can confirm ground cables outside my property were laid) someone will be in touch

This was best part of a month

The cheeky sod had cheek to ask who my mobile provider was... erm dont want new mobile contract want your internet and tv services lol

Up and down the street its available through the website/checker... fustrating is an understatement 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @callashben 

Happy to take a look into this for you.

I will pop you a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me, last year my area had virgin wiring installed and I was told by the people putting it in i'd be able to get it, anyway when it went live I couldn't get it, so I rang up and was put through to somebody who basically said I would have to wait a year for the wiring to lay(not sure this is true as my friends got it a month after so somebody was lying).

Now ive waited a year and unsurprisingly I still can't get it but the house 5 yards to the right can and every house in the next 5 miles left,right,behind and forward can but my house can't, I'm in a culver sack with two other houses but I was told I definitely would be able to but still can't, any help would be appreciated as I think its ridiculous I've been missed out and everyone else can get it and I'm desperate for some good internet.

Thanks.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @SAFC91 

Can you please private message me your full address with postcode and i'll happily take a look for you to see why its not available. 

Thanks in advance

Christy

Hi,

Is anybody else able to help out with this please? I sent Christy a couple of messages but never got a response, I'm assuming I got lost in the inbox somewhere.

Thanks

Tim

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tim432 

Sorry for the delayed response

I have now replied to your original private message

Thanks 

Christy

rob4man
Tuning in

Hello,

I moved in to Haslingden in October 2018 and I have seen that the whole or Bury Road is cabled up but my property which is a small side street off this main road is not able to get the services I am going to be out of my contract for Sky in March and I would love to get Virgined up with the big package can someone look into why I cannot get the services. 

I assume it is because they never thought to cable up the 4 houses on this street as it would have cost too much. Openreach stated they would charge me  £12,000 to connect me up to  FTTP but I guess I will just wait until they are forced to do the civil engineering works to connect me up rather than me fund this to give them an opportunity to charge me for the service!! 

If you could have a human look into the cabling and if it is possible to connect me that would be great otherwise I will just have to wait for 5G to come to Haslingden or for someone to be forced by the government to connect my house up. I am working from home now and the fibre connection I have whilst ok doesnt give me the best value for money seeing as I get my TV from Sky and its a rip off.