cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Hader
Joining in

Hi,

Similar to most responses here, my parents are desperate to improve their broadband speed/provider. I live in the same street and have been on VM for some years now and also their neighbours can both get VM but they can't? 

They have until the 9th November to end their current contract and really do not want to renew. Is there anything you can do please?

Best wishes.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Happy to assist you with this.

I'll pop you a private message to take some more details regarding this

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the VM Community.

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Thanks Christy. 

mrm1989
Joining in

Hi, I'm in a similar position to others here

The neighbours next door (2m away) have Virgin but I am not able to have it according to the postcode checker

I am in a 3rd floor flat which I own, but I see no reason why a cable couldn't be run up pretty easily

I'd even be happy to cover installation costs as my current connection is dire! Can I get some help with this?

Thanks

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Happy to help you with this query

I'll pop you a private message to take some more personal info regarding this and we'll see why it is missing from our system

Many thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi Christy, 

I'm in a similar situation as some other posters here, and wondered if you could take a look into my address for me. 

We're a terraced house showing as unavailable, when both neighbours on either side either have Virgin or it's showing as available. 

The house has been unoccupied for many years and I suspect has never had broadband, which may explain it?

Thanks in advance! 

Jonny

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

If you can pop me over a private message also I'll take a look for you.

Many thanks

Christy

valoa
Joining in

Hi,

I am approaching my last tether regarding my issue here, which sounds very similar to all the others mentioned.

I am moving into a new build property which has it's own allocated postcode, on the same street as everybody else.

Every other property on the street is able to get Virgin Media but mine, according the website.

I have been trying to get this resolved since September 2020, every time I call, I get transferred around and nobody seems to understand the problem or take ownership. I go from Sales > Technical support > Customer Care > back to Sales again, it's an infinite loop.

My last interaction was the 2nd November 2020, and exactly the same as my previous 2 calls in September and October, the person I speak to says "an engineer is going to go out to the property and see what can be done and you will be contacted within 10 working days", that time has now elapsed, for the third time, and no call. I call Virgin media to see what is going on, have my usual merry-go-round of transfers, 2 hours of being on hold later, nobody seems to have any information and I'm given the "10 days" route again.

PLEASE HELP ME, I'm moving soon and something must be able to be done here.

Hi valoa,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to get the help you need with this, we would usually send out a spotter to double check if we're able to install.

If you can pop me over a private message with your address I'll email the area manager to see if this is something we can arrange 🙂

Alex_Rm

Tim432
Joining in

Hi,

I'm seem to be having the same problem as everybody else and I am just not getting anywhere with it.

My neighbours are connected to your broadband network, and yet for some reason the property I have just bought, which is in the middle of the road surrounded by those connected is not on your network.

Please can somebody help?

Thanks,

Tim