cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Hi JoRod, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear you've not had an update regarding the spotters' visit.  I am going to send you a quick private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

I’ve replied to your private message but have had no response yet. Is there any issue?

Thanks

Hi JoRod, thanks for getting back to me.  

I was not online by the time the private message was assigned to me.  I will respond to you in a moment, sorry.

Regards

Lee

I am in similar situation.

The street engineers had trouble feeding the line through, so it was deemed too expensive for the works needed. How can I find out what this limit is per household, and are there any options when this could change and they try again, or I could consider paying for it ?

Hi Simon456, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to join us as a customer.  Please can you expand on your question?  Do you mean in regards to budget to make it possible for an installation?

Regards

Lee_R

Lianneee
Joining in

Hi 

I'm buying a house and the website says virgin media isn't available. However it is available to the attached house and others in the street.

Any ideas why?

Thanks

Hi @Lianeee thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're currently unable to join our company as a customer.  There could be a variety of reasons as to why we may be able to supply the property next door, but not your own.  I would love to take a closer look on your behalf.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Yes - I was told the cost would be more than is permitted to spend for one property.

The property had VM with the previous owner, however when the driveway had construction the cable was cut. Engineers said don't worry, as it is older cable and you will now get the new latest type.

He couldn't connect on the road, so it was passed to construction team, who then came and said they were unable to feed the line through to the junction at the end of the road. It was then referred back to VM, who told me the cost to get the access cleared to feed cable through is more than budget.

We still would like this, as our existing broadband is very unreliable.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Simon456 wrote:

I am in similar situation.

The street engineers had trouble feeding the line through, so it was deemed too expensive for the works needed. How can I find out what this limit is per household, and are there any options when this could change and they try again, or I could consider paying for it ?

Have a read of this topic which mentions a typical individual installation budget at message #3

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Only-half-of-the-road-connected/m-p/47916...

costs mentioned on the forums for VM digging up roads for things like dropped kerbs etc. are always 4 figure sums (if you are considering paying to have VM clear the duct to your property and if VM were willing to entertain such an idea).

@goslow

Thanks for the info - as I suspected unfortunately. Just seems a real shame. We want to sign up for the full monty, fastest speed, tv, phone the lot.

They can't do anything with the existing cable either, which sticks up out of the front garden.

We live in a built up area on the edge of London, with wife and I trying at times to work from home, with a poor and unreliable connection. Frustrating.