cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Nothing came from it for me but I finally got it on Tuesday , initially ordered it in April lol 

SoaneRanger
Joining in

Hi, I live in a terrace where my next door neighbour has Virgin Media and the brown box that supplies their house is about 6 metres away from my house (it’s externally fitted to the house).

I’m desperate to get VM as current OpenReach lines only provide 20MB, which makes home working difficult (and sloooooow).

is it possible to book a ‘Spotter’ to assess?

Hi @SoaneRanger 👋,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. We'd love to have you on board with us, if we're able!

I'm going to pop you a PM now to confirm some details and we can take it from there 😊

Speak soon!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for confirming the details as requested via PM @SoaneRanger

I've raised this with the dedicated team now and they'll be in touch within 10 days, though typically sooner to discuss servicing your property 😊

Let us know how you get on!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

I'm moving to a small cut-de-sac.  Numbers 1-6 have VM; I'm in No7.  The Fibre connection in the pavement for No6, my neighbour is 3m from my driveway, and my driveway is only big enough for a single car.  More - the drive is mono bloc and has a flowerbed running out off its. length - so easy to just run a cable under the flower bed with minimal digging.  Can I get VirginMedia to do anything?? Been phoning them daily for over 2 weeks, every day they say someone will call me back - every day nobody does!  Moving in 3 days - been a VM customer for over 15 years!  So infuriating.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your post on our help forum and this thread, pj2170.

We're sorry to see you're experiencing an issue with getting the services moved to your new property, could you please tell us if you've already spoken to our team and requested to move VM to the new house and what was the advise about the address being serviceable?
Also, have you processed the move out from your old property so we can disconnect the services there?
Let us know more, we're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

Hi Adri - Spoken regularly to VM team for over two weeks and daily for last seven days - they keep talking about sending. someone out to check the connection - and each time they say someone will call me - and nobody has ever called me despite me calling VM every day.  I don't think any action has been taken on my old address as no action seems to have been taken omen the new one.  Shocking customer service

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for explaining more, pj2170.

Sorry to see this has been ongoing and we haven't followed up as promised, I'd be happy to have a look into the account and advise further on this for you.
To be able to do this, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

Same here, have been asking Virgin Media to send out a spotter since Oct 15th and they said on Nov 8th they would call me within a week, then they said on nov 17th they’d call me within a week again, for real this time. Still no call.

would appreciate if someone can check but at this stage it seems hopeless.have signed up for 3 5G as a stop gap despite all my neighbours having virgin and there being a virgin fibre box attached to my building outside my front window👌🏼

Soldi3rB0i
Joining in

I am moving to a new house soon and EVERYONE in the entire estate(60 houses) is able to get Virgin Fibre but 3 houses, one being the one I am moving to. 

Is there any reason for this? I have tried to speak to someone via chat but they simply go by what the website postcode checker tells them and then they disconnect the call. 

Anyone at VM able to PM me and see why this is the case? Seems this is a common issue but not seen much with regards to resolution posted here?

Regards,

SB