cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Hi VM Team

I am having the same issue. I am a new customer and moving next week to our house. I can see every other door number listed except ours. Your system also shows one of our neighbours have an active Virgin Media connection. I also just called your telephone number but not much help as they said since your door number is not listed, we cannot provide you with our service. Can somebody send me a PM to discuss further?

Thanks

Hi, 

I have just moved into a new London flat and I am trying to sort out some new wifi however I am told via your website that you don't offer any wifi to our flat however the flats next to us under the exact same postcode can have the virgin wifi, makes no sense! Please can you advise what I can do as I try to call your landlines for help and the automated person speaking just asks for my account number which I have no account! 

Kindest Regards,

Erin

Hi there @impeyerin

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums.

I'm so sorry to hear we are not currently available at your address, I'd be happy to fill out a form for you to have the teams reach out. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can arrange this, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you. 

7 months since I’ve prefer virgin media and still no broadband! Countless phones calls and time wasted! Engineers come and don’t know why they have come and what needs doing ? Then asking me what needs doing … this circle keeps repeating itself! Installation date obviously  gets moved every week… it’s a beyond ridiculous and not one person at virgin media care. 

Hi @fazz0062,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear your install has been delayed. Appreciate this must be incredibly frustrating. 

I have taken a look at our systems and this is due to a construction issue. 

Please give our pre-installs team a call on 0800 052 1734 and they'll be able to provide you with any update. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I spend all my time waiting the the queue for them to tell me the same things :

”waiting on construction work”

”there is no access point”

”it will definitely get done this time”

”I will send an urgent email and make sure it gets sorted”

”I will personally look at what is going on and get back to you”

”I will escalate this urgently and I can guarantee they will call you back asap”

“The construction manager will call you”

blah blah….. absolute disgrace if you ask me.

so no, I’m not going to call your installations line for me to waste my time and get fobbed off as usual. I want virgin media to call ME and tell me if it will get sorted or I’m wasting my time.

I feel like cancelling this and cancelling it for my other  property at this rate. 

I can appreciate where you are coming from and our sincere apologies. 

If external works are required, these would need to be completed before we go any further with the install. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

This is my point. ! They come and they don’t do the external work as they don’t know what they are doing ? Or what they have come for? Don’t you people talk to one another 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @fazz0062

Thanks for your reply!

The team will complete the ground works once all prior assessments have been completed, they are aiming to have you installed as soon as they possibly can.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Yeh sure, I believe that. After 7 months of the same message