cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Hi there @jackbradley999

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums! 

I'd be happy to check your address with you, I'll pop you a PM now so we can look into this.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

Michael263435
Joining in

I am having same problem so the green box that holds all the ports is on the outside my wall but for some reason my address isn’t coming up on there system that’s really annoying as it’s on a Main Street as well now everyone on the street is able to get Virgin and the house next door to me also has the little brown Virgin box coming out the front there house it’s actually closer to my front door then what is to there’s and it’s annoying as keep being told I have to wait for someone to come out and check and it’s like I am trying work from home using 4g on mobile phone but signal bad so it’s running 3G just want it sorted quickly anyone able to help a person out please and explain 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Michael263435, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

It's great to hear you are interested in our services, I am sorry that there are some issues surrounding whether you can get us at your property.

I will pop you over a PM, to get some detail and we can go from there, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope.

Zoie 

JB1996
Joining in

Hello there,

I'm currently in a similar situation and would like to check if it's possible to get a virgin line installed to my home. The cabinet is literally behind my house and people on the street next to me are able to sign up using their postcode but the postcode checker says it's unavailable for me.

I currently have a fibre line going to the cabinet next to the new virgin cabinet that has just been installed and activated so it should be possible in theory.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Michael263435, 

Thank you for messaging with me, hope our team can get this investigated for you 🙂

@JB1996, thank you for your post and welcome to forums :), I can also do this for you and get our team to come to take a look, I will pop you over a PM and get some details form you, just keep an eye out for the purple envelope 

Zoie

Hi Zoie, I am in the same situation, I’ve had my situation looked at but haven’t received a call back, I was told it was in the final stages but still haven’t heard back, would you know how long this process is likely to take? Or would you you be able to look into this matter? Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ianmartin1,

Thanks for joining the thread, I am sorry that you are also having the same issue.

It can take up to 10 working days for this, if a form has been filled out when you last spoke with us.

I will send you a private message now, so I can investigate this further.

Please look out for a purple envelope.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for talking to me in a private message @Ianmartin1.

I look forward to your update on this over the next 10 working day.

Have a lovely day.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for your quick response I’ll be sure to update you then Hayley thanks again 

Simon456
Tuning in

Hello

would one of the forum team be able to see if anything further could be done in my case ?

Any help would be appreciated. Our internet is very frustrating.

Thank You