cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Horlj

Thanks for letting me know you received a PM last night. Regarding a spotter, there are no particular timescales but you should be contacted on the number that you gave to @BumbleVMTech. If you don't hear anything within 10 days then come back to us and we can raise this further.

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks.

It is really frustrating. I will attach an image below to show you what I mean!

Blue - Cabinet 10

Green - Fibre is available

Red - My house which CAN'T get fibre

fibreeeeee.JPG

Surely it's an error? 

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the image @Horlj - I understand this must be frustrating for you, I'm sorry. Please do keep us posted when you hear back with regards to a Spotter.

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi, wondering whether you could help?

I have tried to get virgin media services to my property but unfortunately failed - I desperately require the 1G broadband but willing to take the full package if it helps get the street work done.  The front wall of my property is literally <5M away from the CATV hatch coming from the cabinet so would require a short piece of tunnelling I guess.  

Virgin is serving the flats next to my house from the cabinet (and across the street), but not my property - probably because it never had cable.  A spotter did get in touch with me earlier in the year, but unfortunately due to timings was unable to schedule a meeting.

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

I am happy to take a look at this for you, I will send you a private message for some more information.

thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

CalYeadon
Tuning in

Having a similar issue. I’ve bought a new house and checked the postcode and is said there is Gig1 fibre for the area but when checking the actual address it says not available. Every house down the road including house that mine is attached to can get the services but the system says mine cannot. 
there’s even a connection point in the floor right outside my front fence. 
I’ve spoke with an install team and they have advised that they will send someone to look but 99.9% of the time will it will be rejected. 
surely this is one of these times when we need to use a bit of human intelligence over computer says no and look into this. 
I’m not sure what I can do. BT/Sky are only offering 7mbs speed. I’d even cover any costs should there be any
Any advise/Help would be appreciated. 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CalYeadon 

Let me take a look for you

I'll send over a private message to take some details

Thanks,

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Still heard nothing. At this point I'll just be going with 4G broadband with EE & then BT FTTP when it's done this summer.

Going through the never ending cycle of:

Post on here > Get PM > Tell person my problem > Get told "oh yeah I see" 

Rinse and repeat.

Hi @Horlj ,

Please can i ask which of the two circled red properties is yours? I know that is two different street numbers, please can you tell me if its the higher or lower of these.

Please do not post the address, i know the detail.

Many thanks

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

It's the lower one