cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bacchi 

I can take a look into this for you

I'll pop over a private message to take some details and we'll go from there

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bacchi

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I'm glad to see Christy_D is assisting you with this matter. 

Any issues or queries from here, please let us know and we'll assist further. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Christy,

Is there any chance you could help me with the same problem please?

Cheers Dan

@Christy_D 

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dannat 

Of course, let me pop over a private message and i'll take a look for you! 

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi, I just moved to a new build flat in CR5 post code. I tried to book the fiber broadband following my new neighbour's recommendation (neighbour moved in to the downstairs flat last week and just installed Virgin media package). Surprisingly, I was told by the sales / pre-installation team that it may take up to 18 months to service my flat.

While I understand being adjacent to a serviced property may not automatically mean service is feasible for me as well, I can't fathom why it is impossible to quickly service multiple flats within the same building / house (which just has 3 flats in total, each one above another). If my downstairs neighbour was able to access the direct line to the property / building, I should be able to do so as well? Please let me know if there's anything you can do to help, Virgin's packages for my area is vastly superior to BT or other players and it'll be a shame to let go of this just because of technicalities. Thank you!

Regards,

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @bharadwajs 

I can certainly look into this for you

I'll pop over a private message to take some details and we'll go from there.

Thanks

Christy

I'm trying to become a customer, and my neighbors who's home is less than 50 meters away have Virgin but Virgin say they cant do it to my home, I have tried to speak to supervisors or sustomer service, but I just can't find anyone who is willing to look at the problem.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Davylewis 

Please can you private message me the full address and postcode and i'll take a look

Kind regards, 

Christy

Hello- I'm having the same issue and have raised with Virgin several times to no avail. There seems to be an obvious issue with customer service here. Is anyone able to help?