cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Fbouygues88,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the issue you had when trying to find out if we could supply your new property.

Are you able to confirm what department to movers wanted to transfer you to? 

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi @Molly_G

They said technical team but actually transferred me to the debt collection department. When I told them I needed technical team, debt collection department sent me to customer service who after 30 minutes still hadn't picked up and I had to drop off due to work.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I see @Fbouygues88, thanks for your response and apologies again that you were directed to the wrong team.

I'm not sure of the purpose of the transfer, but unfortunately we are unable to confirm what properties do and do not have access to our services via forums.

If our moving team has advised this is not serviceable, it's possible that the street/ area has reached capacity. This is a common reason why some houses are serviceable in an area and some aren't. Again, I can't confirm exactly in this case, apologies. 

If you do get back in touch with the Moving / Technical team, it may be worth confirming if the house itself has been surveyed by an engineer as this will be how we know for sure whether the service is possible or whether there are plans to increase the coverage in the area. There is also a chat option on our Moving Home page which may be able to offer further insight.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Domsene
Tuning in

Hello- I am about to complete a purchase on a new property and would very much like to have Virgin fiber broadband installed. I have spoken to the Virgin install team and have been advised it cannot be done, even though our two neighbours have Virgin fiber installed. I was told that there were not enough connectors/straws. 

The property is accessed via a private driveway of 4 houses, all fairly close by. I do not see how/why only two of the properties/neighbours can have access. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks

I am in the same situation for a house we are looking at moving to.  Both neighbors seem to have Virgin and we are on the main road but listed as service not available. Please could someone help me look into this?

Hi,

no problem at all. I will send you a private message for some details and take a look for you.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

HarryPWoodall
Joining in

I have a similar issue,

I live in the downstairs flat of a 1900s conversion, Checking on the virgin media website my upstairs neighbour is able to get virgin, but I am sadly not within virgin's service area.
I can't see why I cant get virgin Installed, I was even told by my landlord the previous tenants had Virgin when they were here a year or so ago!

Any help?

Hi there @HarryPWoodall 

Let me take a look for you

I'll send over a private message to take some details

Thanks

Christy 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Hi @HarryPWoodwall,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I can see @Christy_D has offered to look into this for you 🙂

Let us know if you need anything else. 

Cheers

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

leb2021
Joining in

Im having the same issue. All flats in the block can get i but mine. Due to move in in a couple weeks and if all i can be offered is the extremely slow bad wifi other companies offer not sure what I will do. All the other flats surrounding mine can access all the fibre broadband. Anyone able to look into why this is? 

Hi there @leb2021 

No problem at all, let me see what I can do to help. I will send you a private message for some details and see what I can do

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more