cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I get virgin media both neighbours have it?

Thora
Joining in

Both neighbours have virgin media installed. But I've been told that I can't receive any services. I've contacted virgin 4 times, they were supposed to call me back. But never do. Every house on the road is listed when you check to see if you can get the service except mine. 

445 REPLIES 445

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello K3nn3H

Welcome to the Community and thank you for getting in touch. 

Great to hear you're interested in joining us, we'd love to have you with us. You can register your interest here 
virg.in/cablemystreet if you haven't already and we'll keep you up to date with our expansion work in your area.

Thank you

Nat

bluehallu
Joining in

Hi,

I'm on the same boat, I've spent countless hours on the phone trying to figure out why the flat below me can get Virgin but I can't within the same new built apartment block, they promise me callbacks from an engineer which never happen.

Postcode AL1 1TJ

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bluehallu 

Let me take a look into this for you. 

I will send you a private message to take your personal details and discuss further. There may have been an error on our systems so i'll check this.

Please remove your full address as it has been posted publicly

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

We are in a similar situation. Our 14 house estate was built about 10 years back and no Virgin cable laid at the time. However a few years back 2 new estates were built on either side of our estate and Virgin cable was laid to all these houses. The annoying thing is that when virgin laid all the cabling we had a few days where we couldn’t use our drive as they had dug a trench right in front of our house to lay cable that passes across from the estate on the left of us to the estate on the right of us so the cable is less that 10meters from my front door and less than a meter from the front door from some of our neighbours doors, but because of our postcode it says that Virgin is not available in our area. If I speak to anyone at Virgin they just say it’s not available near us but if we can get 100 plus house submitting they want Virgin installed then they will consider putting it on a future plan to lay cable in our area which is impossible as the 200 houses built around us all have virgin available but we only have 14 houses that don’t have it available. So for over 2 years now I’ve been trying to convince Virgin cable is in our are but just not available to our 14 houses. I’ve even gone as far as saying I would be willing to dig a 10meter trench from my front door to the footpath but just get laughed at. I’ve even joked with my neighbour over the fence if I can connect a 5meter Ethernet Lead to their virgin hub to my router and share their virgin broadband. Why won’t Virgin accept there is virgin Broadband availed in our area but just need it connected to our house?

Hi there,

let me take a look at this for you, I will send you a private message for the address.

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Could you please have a look at mine as well

BumbleVMTech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I have sent you a PM

Rich

Here to help! Im a Field Technician helping out from home.

Find out more
************ FANCY £50 OFF YOUR BILL ************

****************** ASK ME HOW ******************

Kezza_17
Joining in

Hi 

I'm also in the same position I confirmed that my flat used to have Virgin but this was cancelled, now I'm trying to reset it up and keep getting the we're not in your area message.

Every other flat in the building has Virgin and there have been no new developments nearby so I don't know why your computer keeps giving the same message.

Let me take a look at yours two for you. Thank you I will send you a private message

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Like many of the above, I have the odd situation of being one of a couple of houses without availability while the rest of the street, around 60 houses, all have availability according to the checker.I've tried registering interest more than once but no one has got back to me. Could someone look at this for me, as I would jump at the chance to get fibre. 

Thanks,

Rob