cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to connect phone?

Steanie
Tuning in

My Sky Talk doesn't end until April 5th so I haven't connected it to the Virgin router yet.  I believe it takes a couple of weeks for an existing number to port over; has that process already begun from when my hub was received and connected or will it not begin till I have actually attached the phone to the hub?  

6 REPLIES 6

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Steanie

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Have you already requested the number to be ported over with our team? This would begin once the request has been processed and sent through our team once the phoneline package is active with ourselves.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Spoiler
I seem to remember ticking the box when I made the online application 🤔.  I was hoping not to have to use a temporary number but, from your much appreciated quick reply, I might są we'll get the ball rolling immediately.👍🏻 

Sorry for the little bit of gibberish, as well.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Steanie

Thanks for the reply!

Great to hear so, the team will get this sorted for you if you've completed the switchover form with the application 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I guess I never completed the relevant form about keeping my old number and the temporary one is looking permanent so I shall have to begin informing people of the number change.  Perhaps when I ticked "yes" to keeping my old number it was in a price comparison website 😕

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Steanie,

Thank you for coming back to us about your ongoing landline number port query. I'm very sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your landline number being ported over! I completely understand that this is not ideal.

Have you been in touch with our team to ensure that the number port has been put through on our side, as our team would have to make this port while your landline connection with your previous supplier is still active. 

Keep me updated on this so we can help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team