cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's my landline number?

WaltSidney
Tuning in

We've never used our landline but now need to know the number.

I'm using an iPhone to search through all my account details but can't find the number anywhere.

i can't get to a desktop today so please help me find my landline number using my iPhone.

Edit to add - I don't have a handset to plug in

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

You could dial 174 on the landline it will tell you the number.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

22 REPLIES 22

Diogo_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am a virgin media field technician . All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experience with my own equipment at home. If my answer was helpful to you please mark as helpful.

Why not save yourself £50 by referring a friend to virgin media. For more information please DM me

Have you got a landline hand set ? 

If so is it plugged in and working but you just don't use it ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

You could dial 174 on the landline it will tell you the number.

Retro-Tech

Sorry - forgot to add I dont have a handset

Sorry - forgot to add I dont have a handset

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

When you've all finished jumping through hoops why don't you do the obvious. Log in to your account at My Virginmedia (don't tell me you didn't set one up either) and you'll be able to see your number there in the billing section. I presume your package includes payment for the landline?

Question - how do you propose to use the landline if you don't have a handset?  I guess you'll buy one from Amazon, get it delivered and when you do connect it then dial your mobile (I hope you have one of these) and that will reveal your number as well. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry HowardML - not helpful or insightful 

As stated in OP I've tried looking through all my account & billing info, the number is not shown

I don't propose to use the landline - I just need the number

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus
Of course it is in My Virginmedia. I looked yesterday to confirm that is how the system works - bill details under the bill tab. What is not helpful about that, provided you set up a My VM account when you first subscribed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

HowardML - please show the screen grab showing this from an iPhone as stated in the OP

HowardML
Superuser Emeritus
Superuser Emeritus

Well I don't have an Iphone. But here is a screen grab from my laptop. phone number.PNG

Smudge is where the phone number is: