cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new offers are available from nuisance calls

BSPN99
Dialled in

I've been getting some calls from VM for the last week or so. I don't answer and they don't leave messages. Any idea what they are offering?. Why don't they send emails?

The offers on my account are confusing. One offers something called Maxit TV . When I click the link there is no mention of Maxit TV.

11 REPLIES 11

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

VM do only a very limited amount of customer communication by email; The online offers are a tiny subset of the total available; Outbound marketing is usually pushing a similar subset of what's on offer, and all outbound marketing is looking to sell packages at the price VM want.

The only way you'll find out the full range of what you can get, and haggle the price down is to phone up and select options for thinking of leaving (assuming you're out of any fixed term contract), and ask what their best offer is to keep you.  Even then, if you don't do your research, using any price comparison website to see what Sky and BT are offering, then you'll be on the back foot.  Your only leverage in getting a good price is a credible threat that you'll leave if VM won't offer you better value.  Not quite the same as your circumstances, but adapt the ideas in this link to your needs.

If these calls are nuisance calls that you won't answer, why not register with the Telephone Preference Service, and also change your marketing preferences in My Virgin Media?  And finally, you do know that the displayed number of an incoming call is trivially easy for criminals to change for scam call purposes, so you shouldn't use that as proof that the caller is who they claim to be.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @BSPN99 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some nuisance calls. 

Would you be able to confirm the number they are calling you from?  We can then determine if these are marketing calls from VM or if they scam calls. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks . I will register with TPS. I had the idea that it did not apply if you were a customer of the organisation.

The marketing preference settings on my VM account seem to be all or nothing. It's just phone calls I want to stop and only because they are so long-winded.

Calls on landline and mobile from 08001836403 and 08004089340 . I wouldn't mind if they weren't so long-winded and sometimes hard to understand. Also they want me to prove my identity but can't prove their identity to me.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @BSPN99

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

What number was it which was calling you?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Calls from 08001836403 and 08004089340 on landline and mobile.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

These are indeed our marketing numbers @BSPN99 - If you'd like to remove the marketing preferences, please sign in to your online account, go to the 'My Preferences' tab and then you'll be able to opt out.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

I've just had a call from "VM" on 02039837868 was it a legit call?

I suspect not as when I querid them calling he said get lost and rang off!

When will the TPS and VM stop these harrassing calls?

Hi @VIPerson,

Welcome back to our forums.

We can confirm that was indeed a scam call and was not a number from our team. What was discussed during that call? Were any personal details given? You may also find the following useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls.

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team