cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to landline number after i leave virgin?

happytre3frendz
Tuning in

HI Peeps

So i am currently with virgin media customer with the full package. I think my contract finishes in April or something like that i need to check.

My question is, if i were to leave virgin and move to a new provider that does not have landline or for example i move to another provider and do NOT take out a landline package, would my landline number disappear?

I am asking because i do not need to make calls from the landline but still need to receive calls from other ppl that need to call.

So if i move from virgin to community fibre for example and take out their broadband only package, what happens to my current landline with virgin?

Is there a way i can keep it active online for incoming calls, and if i were to use it to make calls then i would be charged?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @happytre3frendz

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums. 

If you were to leave and not take out another phone line then yes the landline number would disappear and the landline would become inactive. 

You can port your number over to a new provider if you wanted to, they would require you to keep the number active with us first then they would port it across for you. 

You can view your contract online via your My Virgin Media profile and this will have the end of your contract date in there. 

Thank you. 

Hi

Thanks for your reply, i was hoping there was a way to keep the number active. It is annoying because i dont want to pay more for line rental that i dont need but would like to keep the number for incoming calls only. 

I'm sorry but in order to keep the number active and be able to receive call you do need to pay for the line to be used. 

Thank you.

Hi 

So my situation is a bit different. My husband has a virgin media account which is expiring and disconnecting on 11th June.

We will be moving out in an few months but my mother in law wants to keep virgin media so she has signed up in her name for installation on 13th June.

She uses the land line more than we did and would like to keep the same number but this will be getting disconnected so how would I be able to retrieve this for her when the new equipment gets installed? 

Thanks 

Hi Mabsey,

Thanks for posting. Sorry for the confusion, you've said you're moving out but is your Mother in Law staying at the property itself?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Well yes my mother in law will be staying in the property 

Thanks for coming back to me.

I shall send you a PM now to get some further details

Kind regards

John

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill