cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Landline issue

Markjh68
Tuning in

Hi my phone line is doing weird things this morning I have a dial tone I have checked all connections and they’re all in tact however when I call my landline number it goes straight to voicemail and says that I’m unavailable if I then call my mobile from my landline I then get a call on my mobile from the number 07305 002342 telling me that I can only use emergency services…..

Not great when the Mrs works at home for a call centre any ideas ?

8 REPLIES 8

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Markjh68

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with the land line.

If connected via the hub, could you please ensure that the phone is seated in the base correctly and powered on. 

Could you please try a different handset also if possible?

Are you are using an extension socket?

Please pop us a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi no extension,plugged into the hub,old style phone so no base,somebody mentioned that the landlines are currently being switched over to WiFi based would this cause this issue it’s damn annoying especially when the service status says no issues…

Hi @Markjh68

I am going to send you a private message so we can discuss the phone issue in more detail. 

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Reply sent

After an engineers visit and various fob offs from ‘customer service’ I still have no phone line it’s a network outage allegedly however my next door neighbour has his phone line working so what is the issue Virgin?….

Hi Markjh68

Sorry this is still ongoing 

I have had a look from here and can see we have an outage in the area

Due to be fixed today 18/03 at 19:00

Its logged under reference number F009708923

We can update you from here with the above number 

Gareth_L

Still no phone line service status page not updated 2 engineer visits and they don’t know why this issue isn’t fixed,you’ve given me three complete times the next one being tomorrow morning at 10am we will see……

Very sorry you're still experiencing an issue with the line Markjh68,

I've had a look from our side and the estimated fix date for the outage is set for 21st March, 10am.

It does like we're carrying out the final checks on this now.

Alex_Rm