cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voip or Dect

FM4
Joining in

I just moved house. My landline phone will allow me to dial out but not receive calls. Virgin said I need a new phone as my current one is very old. They said it needs Voip and Ren greater than or equal to 1. Voip phones are very office-like and expensive. I prefer the look of Dect phones but don't know if one will work. The phone plugs into the back of the hub. Is Voip the same as Dect? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FM4r

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues with your phone due to the switch to our VoIP service since moving, There are no "special" phones for 21CV. All that happens with 21CV is the twisted pair copper wire used with the old master socket is replaced with a socket on the hub. It is not internet based, so does not require an internet (or IP) standard phone. You should be able to use any landline phone purchased in the last few years. You can use corded handsets or DECT multiples. They should work in the normal way.

Regards

Paul.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi FM4r

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you are facing issues with your phone due to the switch to our VoIP service since moving, There are no "special" phones for 21CV. All that happens with 21CV is the twisted pair copper wire used with the old master socket is replaced with a socket on the hub. It is not internet based, so does not require an internet (or IP) standard phone. You should be able to use any landline phone purchased in the last few years. You can use corded handsets or DECT multiples. They should work in the normal way.

Regards

Paul.

MJ1965
Joining in

Hi did you get an answer to your question just been told that me panasonic phones are not compatible, ren 0.85 ?, surely this can't be right, cheers.

Hey Mj1965, thank you for reaching out and letting me know this.

Not all handsets are compatible with VOIP I am afraid. 

I would check with the manufacture or the handset or have they already said its not compatible? 

The adapter should simply plug into the bottom of the phone. 

Who has advised you this phone model will not be able to work with it? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Virgin media ?, Just tries a corded Ren 1 phone in the back of the hub with the same result.

Hey MJ1965, thank you for reaching back out to us.

Most of the latest phones should not state if they support this features or not.

I have attached a link here which tells you what phones you can use for it. 

I can also see you are speaking to my colleague as well from another thread. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?