cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail issue on landline

picnic_30
On our wavelength

Please can someone get back to me as I need to know how many rings I have set on my landline before voicemail activates as I think it needs extending to its maximum length or switched off altogether.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@picnic_30 wrote:

Please can someone get back to me as I need to know how many rings I have set on my landline before voicemail activates as I think it needs extending to its maximum length or switched off altogether. Thanks

Have you not tried ringing your own landline number to find out or asking someone to do it for you?

I think the max is 8 or 10 rings and each ring cycle is about 3 seconds so you might typically get a max of approx 25 to 30 secs of ringing. I believe it is set this way because callers typically hang up before 30 secs anyway if the call is unanswered.

picnic_30
On our wavelength
Hi

I received a couple of calls however by the time either my carer or myself could answer voice mail had kicked in so all we got was the dial tone. I'm disabled so can't always answer quickly enough

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi picnic_30,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

The default number of rings would be either 5/6 rings before the voicemail service starts.

I've been able to locate your account and have extended your number of rings to the max amount - this should be affective within 12 hours.

Do let me know if I can help with anything else.

Beth

Beth

picnic_30
On our wavelength

@Beth_G wrote:

Hi picnic_30,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

The default number of rings would be either 5/6 rings before the voicemail service starts.

I've been able to locate your account and have extended your number of rings to the max amount - this should be affective within 12 hours.

Do let me know if I can help with anything else.

Beth

Thanks Beth

I will see if that makes things any better 

Hey picnic_30,

No problem! 🙂

Beth

Beth