cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoIP phones on Virgin through Hub 4...

adelphiaUK
Up to speed

I have just switched to Virgin on the Ultimate Volt bundle and have everything working EXCEPT my VoIP phones.

I have been searching for a simple answer to the question, "can you use true VoIP phones on the Virgin Media VoIP (CV21) service?" I have 2 £100+ phones which I purchased about 2 years ago when I was working in IT Consultancy,  which have all the facilities I need for a phone; shared phone book, Caller ID configuration, handset identification etc. etc.

When I took out the services with VM I was told that I would be able to use these phones on the VM VoIP service but to date, no one can give me the relevant information I need to be able to connect. 

Was I told a lie? Is the VM VoIP service, which I have since found out operates CV21 rather than a true VoIP service even capable of handling VoIP phones?

I have spent over an hour talking to 3 different people at VM from 3 different departments, I was transferred to Gadget Fix for a 2nd time but inexplicably the phone call got disconnected.

Could anyone here tell me, am I banging my head against a brick wall or can my phones actually be configured to the VM VoIP service?

I don't really want to have to buy a new set of phones...

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)
Ultimate Volt: ACTIVE
TV: Maxit TV
Broadband: Volt V650 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
Mobile: O2 Unlimited
52 REPLIES 52

I hope so @Paul_DN. @John_GS has it in hand I believe. I've decided to go with the Virgin option and get new analog set consisting of 3 handsets.

It states that phones won't work on extension cords. Does this mean I have to have the primary phone (or base) right next to the router or does it mean extensions that are built into the walls etc.

So many questions that you don't think about at conception!

These are only my views; I've given them to try and assist but if anyone finds fault with my posting then please let me know.

Please excuse misspellings and anything which may not make sense or offend as the medication I take can sometimes have an adverse effect on me.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

Hi adelphiaUK,

Understandable there are a lot of questions, you can find out everything around the switchover here?

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the link @Paul_DN but that link takes me to going from a traditional analog to digital fibre rather than porting from one supplier to another. That maybe where the confusion is happening.

Not sure which department you work for but could you check if you work for the relevant department?

Thanks

Chris

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AdelphiaUk,

Thanks for your reply, I can see you are PMing with John and he is getting this looked at for you, and reached out to our team 🙂

Zoie

Thanks @Zoie_P for clearing that up for me. I've spoken with so many people online and on the phone I'm getting confused exactly who knows what.

Just noticed the unusual way (to me anyway) you spell Zoie but I'm sure it's pronounced the same 😁

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries, glad it has cleared it up a bit for you 🙂 

If you have any more questions or queries just pop back and we will do our best to help.

Yes it's pronounced just like Zoe, but I am trying to collect all the vowels 😄

Zoie

Hi @Zoie_P and sorry for bringing this up again. @John_GS has done a great job but right now it looks like we have hit a stumbling block as it's been over a month now and we're no further forward. I need to know if this is happening or whether I need to reinstate my SIP account.

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

This has been raised again with the team currently looking into this for you and we hope to have an update soon.

Rob

Thanks

Chris (VMO2 Customer)

No problem adelphiaUK, as soon as there is an update we will let you know here. Apologies again for the delays.

Rob