cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virginmedia landline not connecting to BT landline

AshwinShah1
Tuning in

When I call BT line from my landline I cannot hear the other end ringing but the phone of person receiving the call rings. If they pick up we still cannot talk so line is not connected.

If I call another Virginmedia phone, or Sky line or a mobile phone everything works normal.

My sister and my nephew both have Virginmedia phone lines and both have same problems.

We all live in Finchley, North London.

I did online check on Virginmedia site and it reported no problems with my line.

Problem seems to be between Virginmedia landline and BT landline.

8 REPLIES 8

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi AshwinShah1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your line, just to confirm- have you tested calling a none BT line?

What happens when you try calling a mobile?

Alex_Rm

As per my original post I have tried non BT numbers and they all work fine, including mobile.

If BT line calls my number everything works fine so the problem is only for outgoing calls from Virginmedia to BT lines

Thank you for letting me know @AshwinShah1

How long has this issue been ongoing? Have you always had this issue or it recently occurred? Are you also able to call BT mobiles or the same issue occurs? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I noticed the problem about three to four weeks back and in couple of days after that my nephew mentioned the same problem. Before that I have never had this problem.

I called a BT mobile phone and that worked normal.

Thanks for explaining further. 

As you are unable to call certain numbers, I will book a technician out to come and take a closer look into this fault.

Will pop you a PM now so we can confirm some details first 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thanks for responding to my PM @AshwinShah1

I have booked the first available appointment for you. You can find confirmation of the time and date via your online account and if this does not suit, feel free to re-schedule. 

Do let us know how the visit goes. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

Thank you Ayisha for a quick response. Hopefully engineer will be able to sort out the problem.