cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin scammed me into a call package i'm told i can't remove

Gisborne
Tuning in

My contract is less than 3 months old in our new house. when I took it out I was told we could ADD ON a calls package for £5 a month, I said can I cancel this without any charges.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the private message, Gisborne,

I'm happy that I've resolved the issue for you regarding your package.

If you have any further queries, please post back through this channel and we'll assist you as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Gisborne,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome back to our Community Forums.

With any packages, the Broadband, TV and Phone services form part of your contract. We do not offer the ability to add and remove these services, without any early disconnection charges.

You can add additional Phone services to your account such as Call Divert, which would come at an additional cost each month and can be removed with a 30-day notice, even if you are in contract.

Depending on your current package, and contract, you may be able to downgrade the Landline to a lower tariff, which may be more cost-effective. Any form of package change would need to be discussed with our teams on the phone, or via text through the following numbers:

Call: 0345 454 1111
Text: +44753 305 1809

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I was sold anytime calls and was told it was free for 3 months and after i could remove it. I said i didn't really need unlimited calls as i use my mobile, she said its free for 3 months so just take it and remove it later. Now you tell me its part of the package, but the volt 1 fibre package on your website I took out didn't mention landline, only broadband and o2 sim, landline calls were added on. 

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Gisborne,

If you're on a Talk Anytime tariff, you may be able to downgrade to a service such as Talk Weekends - you would not be able to remove the landline as a whole without incurring Early Termination Fees.

It'd be best to speak with our teams on the options above as they would be able to best advise on a package change.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Gisborne wrote:

I was sold anytime calls and was told it was free for 3 months and after i could remove it. I said i didn't really need unlimited calls as i use my mobile, she said its free for 3 months so just take it and remove it later. Now you tell me its part of the package, but the volt 1 fibre package on your website I took out didn't mention landline, only broadband and o2 sim, landline calls were added on. 

Seems to be a bit of VM 'confusion' going on with this 3 month 'trial offer' as a carbon-copy topic was posted earlier in the year making the same complaint of not being able to cancel the 'trial'

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Home-Phone/landline-phone-3-month-talk-plan-discount/m-p/496369...

As you are not the first to experience this, I'd suggest that some mis-selling has happened here or the 'offer' has been inaccurately described

I spoke to your team over the phone, they were very rude as always and speaking over me when I tried to make it clear to them. I said i want to keep the landline but just not have the anytime calls and they were ignorant.

Hi @Gisborne really sorry to hear this.

It's possible there may have been some miscommunication here, as previously mentioned the team can't remove the whole landline for you but they can downgrade it to Talk Weekends which is the minimum landline minutes available here.

I hope this helps and if you can speak to the team again, they should be able to process the downgrade for you.

Many thanks 

Tom_W

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Gisborne wrote:

I spoke to your team over the phone, they were very rude as always and speaking over me when I tried to make it clear to them. I said i want to keep the landline but just not have the anytime calls and they were ignorant.

If the VM 'confusion' persists when you call back, you can always make a DSAR for the original call recordings, account info etc. so you can clarify exactly what was said/offered

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

As the other guy linked they had the exact same problem in that other forum post as i had. this is a serious scam issue VM needs to sort out. i was told it was a discount call package.

Hi @Gisborne thanks for your reply.

Do you have confirmation of the discount mentioned, either via email or text?

Many thanks

Tom_W