cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin refuse to accept a landline fault report

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

Virgin have messed up and disconnected a home phone - that is fully paid up and with no reason. When dialled, the exchange message is "The code and number combination you have dialled is invalid"

They make it impossible to report that fault, and insist it must be resolved by a technician visit to the premises and not before next Thursday, and that having acknowledged that the customer is highly dependent on the line and vulnerable.  

This can only be a deliberate attempt to ignore and not fix faults, but why?  The resolution would take a minute or two and require nothing more than configuration.  Anyone care or know how to get in contact with someone at VM who does do things?

10 REPLIES 10

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DanHaydn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am incredibly sorry to hear that you're facing some issues with the landline service lately. I've noticed that you've also mentioned that the customer is vulnerable and dependent on the landline. As such, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to investigate further.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

So the forum team respond... and refuse to do anything without the account holder's password.  We obviously can't get it because VM have disconnected them. This is circular and unbelievably simple for VM to fix.  

All that they need to know, and all I know is the unique subscriber phone number that they have disconnected (without cause or any reason or explanation).  If they hadn't turned off her line, we could find out the password and such things.  By trying the line it would be obvious even to them that the 'fault' is  at the exchange and clearly not a technical issue, and it is an error by VM - which would take moments to right.

I gave VM that number hours ago, and the forum had it an hour ago.  

Has anyone here managed to get out of this idiotic and depressing failure?

Dan

Hi @DanHaydn,

It's a shame to hear that you feel this way, as we're certainly very keen to help as we have been since the initial post. I've clarified the situation in a further private message. Please respond to me there when you can so we can assist you further on this.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

It's not about how I feel, it's about a very simple fact.

VM have disconnected the line in error.  You and your colleagues are deliberately not getting the right people to fix it.  There is nothing wrong at street or house level, as you can tell simply by phoning the number.

Why not put it into the accounts inbox so they can correct it immediately?

If you can't, then tell me how to do so.

Dan

Hi @DanHaydn,

As has been advised via private message, the correct team have been made aware and a technician appointment has been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time publicly for security reasons, but this can be checked and managed via My Virgin Media if needed.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

The team who won’t even act till Thursday are briefed to look for a fault at the house. 

You fully know that there is no fault at the house. The problem is VM have disconnected the account by mistake.

They can fix that in minutes, but VM are refusing to check or care. 

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

And you know what... we got a systems engineer to fix it on Monday - not the Thursday soonest they said.  

The engineer did exactly what I asked VM for originally, and which they repeatedly patronisingly told me - in public and private messaged - was the wrong thing and impossible.

So when will they change the script?

IF VM CUT YOU OFF IN ERROR AND REPEATEDLY SAY ITS A FAULT IN YOUR HOUSE, PERSIST UNTIL YOU GET AROUND THEIR FIRST LINE WHO KNOW NOTHING (EVEN IF THEY USE A POLITE SCRIPT).

Hi @DanHaydn, thanks for your post here in the community.

Really glad to see that we've been able to get the fault resolved for you, despite the difficulties originally.

Thanks for your patience during this time.

Many thanks

Tom_W

DanHaydn
On our wavelength

Tom,

The important point is VM resisted and got it all wrong and were a pain in the proverbial from start to finish.  The only reason it's fixed now is because we didn't believe a word from the VM first line support, nor the forum.  Instead we worked around your first line support and got lucky.  How many other customers would bother?  Will VM bother to fix the procedure?  

Dan