Menu
Gammysnr
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin phone not working

I had broadband and phone fitted today, tested and shown to work, but it no longer does. There's no phone plugged into the hub via the black connector at the back of the hub. The engineer just walked out and seemed to lack a cable up with his stuff.

Does a phone have to be connected directly into the hub and then a separate connection to the other phones in my house?

I'd like an engineer to come back as it is shocking service to show thw phone working, then walk away with it not working.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin phone not working

Hi Gammysnr,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear this. 

Is it standard landline you are using?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Gammysnr
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin

Yes, a standard BT line, but there's no connection to to hub.

Gammysnr

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If this is the case you won't need a line to your telephone. Do you have another handset you can try?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Gammysnr
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I do yes, it needs to be plugged directly into the hub? Then I cannot use other sockets around the house?

Thanks for your help.

Gammysnr

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gammysnr,

If you are using our new VOIP technology, known as 21st Century Voice, your landline would need to be connected directly into the back of your hub, rather than a standard phone socket on the wall.

We also use a separate network to Openreach, so any sockets for BT or other providers would not be linked to our service.

I can see that there is a planned change in your area which may be affecting services. This is logged under reference C01016243  and is expected to be complete by 3pm this afternoon.

If you are using multiple home phones which each need an individual connection, these would all need to be individually cabled from your hub which would require another engineer visit.

If your landline has one base unit with extension handsets needing solely a power connection, you should have no problem connecting these as normal. This is what we would usually recommend for our customers using 21st Century Voice.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos