cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin not answering 150 calls but directing you to 0345

Crabby7
Tuning in

Virgin not answering 150 calls had to make 3 calls to 0345 number which they answer and charge you inflated rates for. Scamming customers is how I see this

6 REPLIES 6

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Crabby7,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I'm sorry that you've been having trouble getting through and are concerned about call charges.

150 and 0345 454 1111 are the same phone line. Both of these numbers connect you with our main call centres/support teams, the only difference would be where you can dial the number from. The quickdial number can be used from any Virgin landline or mobile free of charge. 0345 numbers should be charged at local rates by other providers, therefore included in any mobile minutes or landline call plans at suitable times.

The 0345 number is for those calling from another network, but it would still connect you to the same queue. As both numbers route you to the same place, call queues would be the same length and our agents are working hard to answer all calls as efficiently as possible.

Thanks,

Rachael

Sorry but I don't accept your reply. 150 calls were not answered 0345 numbers were I am sure this is something that the regulator would take a dim view of. I have made a complaint to virgin about the charges and had no reply. Also not acceptable.

Hi Crabby7,

Were you calling 150 from your Virgin landline? If so, we are not aware that customers are unable to get through via 150 and are having to call 0345 454 1111 instead, so if this is the case we'll definitely get this fed back.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with your recent bills. When was the complaint raised please and we'd love to see if we can help from here?

Beth

Beth

Change was made to package on 15th December. Bill was issued on 30th December and complaint was made then.

Thanks Crabby7,

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you so I can help.

Alex_Rm

I agree when we call 150 from the virgin landline it often doesn’t work, making an engaged tone.