cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media support and status are abysmal

dave_ukk
Tuning in

For the past week, my parents (in their late 70s and ill health) have had next to no phone service.

An engineer was booked via auto IVR service, then cancelled as there was a known issue in the area. This took a number of days to fix BUT, the service status remained green/no issues every time I did a check.

Today, after 1 full day of service, the line has died again, and again a green service on the status check. The 150 number did detect there was an issue, and it would be fixed by 19:30 ... it wasn't.

I did a service status, nothing showing, I called 150, nothing .. I eventually got through to offshore support .. he check a system and said it would be fixed by 21:45 .. and that the issue would be on the status page ... you can guess ... it wasnt .. on both counts

I rang at 21:55 .. mistake .. by the time I wasted 6 min on the IVR , it was closed..

So now it looks like its a wait till after xmas .... ?

Terrible terrible service. Even the status page doesnt work

Me myself .. I made the mistake of getting a superhub 4 that constantly reboots and loses config..

VM are a joke of a service .. and not the funny jokes...

Terrible !

6 REPLIES 6

greenfordraj
On our wavelength

Agreed - getting through to sort out issues is a nightmare, now that my landline runs off the router.

Before when the landline or broadband went down, I had a method to contact them even if it took them ages to answer the phone or get help via the website.

Had to go to a friends house and use his broadband to contact Virgin Media

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning dave_ukk 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that your parents have had some issues with there services. 

Please could I ask how there landline is connected, is this via the traditional wall socket or via the hub. 

Regarding your hub, when your connection drops, Is this via both wired and wireless connection?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

The phone line is an old school PSTN phone line.

The router issue is a full reboot, which loses the 2.5 wireless configuration, after it restarts itself.

Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Are you able to pass DPA on your parents behalf? I can take a further look into both yours & there issue? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak,

I can pass that, yes.

The router issue is mine. Not as urgent.

The phone issue is my parents. They don't have the internet. Primary issue.

• Both different locations and accounts. 

Thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming that information. 

I will pop you over a PM now (you can find this via the purple envelope on the top right of the screen)

Kind regards,

Zak_M