Menu
Highlighted
Whitey1969
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin landline to landline

Hi just got a new package set up at a new home, not used landline for a while got the weekend package, does virgin to virgin still come free throughout the week ???

lee
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin landline to landline

All landline numbers are treated the same now. This has been the case ever since landline porting was allowed.

There is a simple reason for this.

If I port my Virgin Landline number to another provider (eg. Plusnet) the incoming calls are still routed through Virgin even though I cease to be a Virgin customer. Similarly if I port a Plusnet number into Virgin, the incoming calls are routed via Plusnet. Virgins billing systems don’t know if a number is ported, just which provider OFCOM originally allocated the number too.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin landline to landline

The only way to pay nothing for geographic (01 and 02) and UK-wide geographic (03 and 030) calls is to subscribe to Talk Unlimited. I also have Talk Weekend which I sometimes find useful but I was once caught out by forgetting to put the phone down within 60 minutes and got charged for the excess.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos