cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin disconnected my home phone accidentally after having it 42 years!

MarkNewman
Joining in

After Virgin disconnecting my landline by mistake, my phone number of the past forty-two tears was not retrievable as told to me by customer service. This was not great as I have medical conditions and various hospitals rely on leaving me messages on the land-line answerphone as reception is not the best on my mobile.

After an eight week battle of broken promises, lies and a great amount of stress I came across this forum. Other people had similar issues of lost numbers and a gentleman called Paul_DN on this forum had resolved these.

After contacting him, he achieved in under twenty four hours what customer service couldn’t in eight weeks. We now have our old number back.

This has meant so much to me and my family. If anyone has a serious problem, I would highly recommend they get in touch with him. 

I have no idea what his position is in the company but customer service could definitely learn a thing or two from him. He solved my issues with minimal questioning and just confirmed after a couple of question that I’ll have my number back in the next 24hrs. 

Once again my sincerest gratitude to Paul for helping me out.

Mark Newman

3 REPLIES 3

MarkNewman
Joining in

Apologies the colleagues user name is Paul_DN

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @MarkNewman, thanks for your post.

I'm happy to read that Paul has managed to get your number back so your mind is now at ease. This feedback has also been passed on by our moderator team and Paul will be thrilled and grateful for the kind words.

As always we are happy to help on the forum so if you do need anything further please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your patience and understanding, glad we were once again able to get this resolved for you and that you are now able to use your number for incoming and outgoing calls, if you do have any further issues you know where we are.

Regards

Paul.