cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media landline phone doesn't work

Redrav
Tuning in

I joined Virgin Media fron BT a few days ago.My fibre optic internet works fine but my landline phone doesn't work.When i spoke to the Virgin Media tech on the phone he said after testing my phone line my phone wasn't strong enough as it was showing only to have less than 1 REN (Ringer Equivalence Number).He said i needed to purchase a phone which had between 2 and 5 REN.The problem is i've googled phones with REN but no phones showing the amount of REN it has.Can anyone please help me with a list of cordless landline phones i can buy that have between 2 and 5 REN.The REN number of the phone shows on the phone base. Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Redrav,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have booked an engineer visit for your landline issue.

If you need to change or rearrange the booking, you can do so really easily on your Online Account.

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can continue to support you if you need it 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Hi Meghan,The Virgin Media engineer came yesterday whilst I was at work & my wife said he has resolved the issue so my phone line is working fine now.Many thanks for all your help 😀

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Redrav,

Welcome to our Community Forum. Thank you so much for your first post. We really appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear that your landline phone is not working. Do you have a dial tone at all? Or are you having issues with making or receiving calls?

I understand that you have been in touch about this issue with our call agents. Just to ensure that your your current landline handset is set up correctly, would you be able to advise what your landline set up looks like? 

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

There's no dial tone & the issue is with making & receiving calls. My current landline handset is set up correctly with the phone cable inserted in to the Virgin modem/router & not inserted in to the wall socket as instructed by the Virgin tech.I bought a new phone from Argos & returned it today for a refund as the same problem still exists.

Hi Redrav, 

Thanks for coming back to us with this information about your landline, I am sorry the new landline didn't help in this situation, but thank you for trying!

I have checked your services with this newfound information and can see you will need an engineer to fix the fault.

I am going to need to confirm some details with you before I do this, so I'll send you a PM now so we can get started 🙂

Speak to you soon,

Megan_L

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Redrav,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have booked an engineer visit for your landline issue.

If you need to change or rearrange the booking, you can do so really easily on your Online Account.

Please let us know how the visit goes so we can continue to support you if you need it 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Meghan,The Virgin Media engineer came yesterday whilst I was at work & my wife said he has resolved the issue so my phone line is working fine now.Many thanks for all your help 😀

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know @Redrav.

I will make sure that I let meg know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M