cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media Bill Cannot be Paid and I'm Charged More Than I Should Be

gordonsgoodfell
On our wavelength

Hi,

I was alerted to my recent bill which was for £62.51.

So I tried paying it by dialling 150.

However, the phone number I punched in was not recognised by your system - presumably as a direct result of changing over to digital (as well as the other idiotic things in relation to the same thing - like Virgin Media sending me an adapter that ensured that my phone DIDN'T RING when someone called me!)

So I am unable to pay my present bill by phone. And I'm unable to pay my present bill online because there is a thick black bar over the card field (see attached screenshot).

Once again, Virgin Media has truly screwed up!

Now I get an email from VM stating that I owe £140!!!!!!

This is dated March 3. What has happened to the current bill of £62.51? It has suddenly changed to £70!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there NOTHING that Virgin Media can do properly????

I'm truly getting **bleep** sick of them. Really I am! They are a bunch of useless **bleep**s. They're not fit to run a **bleep** whelk stall.

virgin-media-online-payment-impossible-card-field-BARRED_COMPLETELY.jpg

31 REPLIES 31

In that case it begs the question as to why VM are deliberately obfuscation the data. The bill for 62.51 was for February as far as I am aware. Button VM sent me a further bill showing 140 which was dated 3 March. So why did they send that to me on 15 February?

Yet another crazy variation from normality from the craze world of VM.

I take it that you dialled 150 and heard the message say that the service (i.e. the ability to pay) had been moved online.

Another crazy thing is that the message goes on to ask users to supply their mobile phone numbers so that they can send a link to pay in an sms! If people are ready to pay at that point on the phone then what is the point of making things more complicated by then sending an unnecessary sms so that people have to then access their sms then follow the link then pay online ... when they could just pay on the phone... as I have been doing every month for years until VM thought it was a great idea to stop the phone payment facility?

None of that makes any sense.

The irony is that I would have recorded it ... but I cannot use the truecall unit with VMs new digital setup because VM can't handle it.

Whoever makes these decisions is seriously wanting in the reality department.

When I find the time all this is going onto a Trustpilot review. People should be persuaded never to have anything to do with VM as it with seriously mess with their mental health.

Is or around the 15th of the month the normal production date of the bill each month @gordonsgoodfell 

If so, we do advance billing as we have throughout your tenure, and you';ll notice on the bill the bill is for a period in the future, IE the January bill would be produced say the 15th Jan, period of bill is 17th January-16th February if that makes sense?

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

No. No sense at all. No other business sends out bills to their customers in February which are dated for March.

What i want to know is why was my bill for £62.51 suddenly replaced by a bill for £70?

Answer that if you can.

Just try even justifying it.

It is completely untenable.

But that's the crazy world of Virgin Media, where nothing is as it seems and customers are deprived of being able to pay for services because credit card fields are blocked, payments by phone are discontinued and figures on invoices are made up as they go along.

I've just paid £62.51 for February's bill and as far as I'm concerned, I'm not paying a penny more.

Have you looked at the breakdown of the bill to see how the amount was created? 

Any extra charges listed? 

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I don't see how there could be any other items.

Hi @gordonsgoodfell,

If you view the bill, it'll detail what the charges are in relation to. Upon doing that, you can see if there's any charges that you dispute and what they're for to dispute them.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

There are no reasons for any "charges".

Although if VM wish to charge me for late payment when I couldn't pay because 

1. Their 150 phone service had discontinued phone payments
  2. Their online payment was impossible because a think black bar was covering the credit card field

then they had better think again.

Or is preventing someone from paying and then charging them for late payment all part of the VM "service"?virgin-media-online-payment-impossible-card-field-BARRED_COMPLETELY-2.jpg

Hi @gordonsgoodfell,

Each bill will offer a breakdown of the charges that make up the bill total. If you head here, you can find more information on how the bill is formatted and how the charges are detailed. You will see there if you are disputing a late payment fee or if you haven't been charged a late payment fee.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Without seeing my actual account I cannot tell what charges have been applied.

I have been asking VM to send me a statement for MONTHS without success.

Someone in the call centre even asked me if I wanted to see a copy of my contract. He had no idea what a statement was. Very VM!

Hi @gordonsgoodfell,

Do you have access to your My Virgin Media online account? You'll be able to access and view your monthly bills there once they've been generated.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team