cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Landline - Can't make outgoing calls

VicandBob
On our wavelength

I'm not able to make calls on my Virgin landline. I can receive calls, but every time I dial to make a call, I'm just put straight through to the Virgin Media helpline - whatever number I dial. I've checked the Virgin Media website and can't see that there are any problems in our area, but can't get through to speak to a real person at Virgin Media without holding for hours on end.

63 REPLIES 63

VicandBob
On our wavelength

@jem101 - the engineer has already been, and the problem is sorted, as I've already explained.  It was him who told me Virgin are stopping outgoing calls to people on old-style landlines, but I can assure you Virgin did not contact me before they turned my phoneline off. No email, no phone call no letter, and they've charged me for every single call that they routed through to their helpline before the engineer visited to fit the new hub and re-route my phone. They didn't put these automatically re-directed calls through to their free 150 number but used the phone number that charges me.  I've now received a text saying another engineer is coming on Wednesday to fix my problem, but it's fixed now and I have no way of cancelling the new engineer visit. I can't cancel it from My Virgin Media account as there is no option to do that, and I'm not calling the helpline to hold on for hours to speak to someone to cancel it - I can't anyway because I'm at work.  This whole thing has been a disaster from start to finish. Virgin has really hit an all time low with the way they've handled this. They should train their helpline staff better so they know what's going on.

We truly apologise for this ongoing experience with your landline issue @Chippy8. We will take your feedback on board to the relevant teams for improvement and training. In regard to your upcoming appointment, I can help you cancel it from here. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Akua,

Nothing to do with me, my landline is fine. My issue is Netflix related.

Paul

Apologies for the mix-up @Chippy8.

The message was for @VicandBob. @VicandBob I have sent you a private message to best help with the cancellation. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello John,

I have the same issue this thread relates too and like others, did not receive any information this was going to happen or what I need to do.

As I am unable to cancel my phone service from my package, can you please help ?

Thank you in advance,

Aneil

Hi @Aneil_Sohanta

Welcome to the community. 

Sorry to hear you're not able to make calls a this time. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Blamb
Tuning in

Great so my virgin media engineer arrived today to replace my hub and route the phone line through the new hub. Now my landline doesn't work, phone says "no line" apparently the base unit is not excepting the line, so my landline phones are now useless, and been told i now need to buy new phones which is an added expense that didn't ask for nor can afford, not at all happy about this .He did give me a massive back up corded phone so I have a landline but that's not the point it just a basic phone no answer machine which my original cordless phones had and I have to buy new telephones because they switched me over.

Hi Blamb, 

Thanks for coming back to us about this situation with your landline switchover, I am sorry this has caused knock-on affects further down the line. 

As you're really unhappy I'm going to send you a PM now so we can create a complaint case and have a chat about how we can resolve this together. 

Speak to you soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Hi Blamb, 

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am glad we managed to come to an agreement with your complaint and resolve it for you 🙂

If you need any further assistance, please let us know!

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thank you for joining me on private message @Aneil_Sohanta

Glad we were able to get this resolved for you today. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley