cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Engineer untrained on how to apply new Virgin phone to BT Multi Extension house

PBou
Dialled in

Had my Virgin engineer thismorning.

1. He had to be asked to wear a mask inside my house, didn't offer, and had to hunt in his van to find one.

2. Admitted he hadnt been trained to understand BT Phone Installations and admitted he didnt have a clue to how he would install cabling to replace BT Master socket and extensions.

3. Virgin Engineer Back to Van on hone for 1/2 hour then came back with standard extension cable and proposed t plug that between Virgin box and external socket in BT Master Box. Explained to him that he was attempting to connect virgin phone through the front of a filtered BT socket.

4. Virgin Engineer Back to Van talking to mates, swapped this appointment with another engineer. 
No idea when someone is coming now.

After explaining that I had a BT line to BT Master socket and extensions Virgin sends an engineer who doesn't know what to do. Doesn't give me any confidence.

Surely Virgin has given training on how to convert properties with BT Phone installations with extensions to the new Fibre Virgin Phonebut obviously NOT.

2 REPLIES 2

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PBou,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am really sorry to hear you've not had the best experience with us. It is certainly not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I have taken a look at the account and can see the notes left by the technician. The job is to be re-opened and assigned to another technician.

I will keep an eye on the account for more updates and will follow up with you. 

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PBou,

Just had a peek at the account as promised and I can see the switch over has been completed. 

Let me know if you need our help with anything else. 

Kind Regards,

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs